Let me introduce you the Irresistible Me Ruby Auto-Rotating Curling Iron, an irresistible product indeed.
Irresistible Me is an american brand that sells 100% human hair extensions, wigs, hair accessories and tools. They kindly offered me extensions to try out but I have long hair so I didn’t accept the offer. Instead, they gave me the opportunity to try this innovative curling iron!
Let’s just get one thing straight: I never used a curling iron before, total newbie. So this review is based on how easy it is for a newbie to use this curling iron, the results that can be produced and if it’s worth it.
The curling iron is very light weighted and feels extremely durable and high quality. It has a 26mm wide barrel with a small clamp, that rotates so you don’t have to.
It comes with 5 different temperature settings and the LED screen shows you the temperature you are at. You can set it down on the table without the barrel touching the surface, so no burnt furniture over here.
More nice features:
- Ceramic barrel with diamond coating: The diamond coating, according to the brand, enhances its durability and heat transfer, unlike conventional ceramic irons.
- Auto-rotating curling iron: Nice feature for newbies (like me). It saves you time and effort.
- Light weight: It’s not heavy, so my arms don’t get tired when using it. This is super important when you have endless quantities of hair to curl (ohh, the perks of having a long hair!).
- Fast heat up: The curler takes less than a minute to heat up, which is nice for those busy mornings when you want to hurry up.
- Auto shut-off: I love the safety of the auto shut-off function, don’t have to leave my house wondering if I unplugged the iron or not.
Beware one thing: the iron has universal voltage but the plug is suitable for US only, you’ll need to use a converter plug if you're in Europe (not really an issue, it’s a cheap and effective fix).
How to use
- Hold the On-Off button for 2 seconds and then choose the temperature you want. Wait 1-2 minutes.
- When the LED screen stops blinking, clip a section of your hair and press either Left or Right button, depending how you want the curl to go (ideally away from your face and alternating). The iron automatically rotates.
- Hold the curl for about 6-10 seconds, push the clamp to release and hit the Reset button (it will return the wand to it's default position). The time you keep the hair around the iron will determine how tight the curls will be - less seconds equals loose curls, more seconds equals tight curls.
- Keep repeating this process, alternating between left and right direction for a more natural look.
So, on the right pictures you can see how my hair looked after using the Irresistible Me Ruby Auto-Curling Iron. My hair looks less frizzy, with more volume and with cute bouncy curls. I was afraid it wouldn’t work on my long hair, but it does works! I love how it looks even better after a few hours, with more loose and natural curls.
Found out I have to curl my hair using the highest heat setting. The lower temperatures didn’t worked for me: my hair is too long and heavy, so it doesn’t hold a curl that well, it needs an high temperature for the curls to actually sustain.
But I was able to create both loose and tight curls, depending on how tight I rotated the wand and how long I held the curl. Now, I usually count to 10 when curling my hair to make the curls last longer.
This is a great tool to use in those days when your hair looks boring, with no volume and… meh. I love loose curls, specially around my face! It’s the best summer look.
It’s totally safe to use, doesn’t burn the hair nor the scalp. It takes a little time and effort (sometimes I wish I had shorter hair), but the results are worth it.
In case you’re interested, you can purchase this Auto Rotating Curling Iron via the Irresistible Me website. It’s currently on $119 but watch for promotions. Yes, it isn't a very cheap curling iron, but that’s because it's an high quality product - plus, the auto-rotating feature is worth the money.
If you’re based on USA, 100% recommend it, go for it! If you live in Europe, it's still a good buy, but be aware that customs can tax it.